In short: a lot that hasn't involved posting here. I've missed it, but it hasn't been a priority for a variety of reasons.
The family grew in 2018 so posting slowed in 2019. I ultimately made a call to step back from the blog. I 100% stand behind this decision.
Daily life at Microsoft includes so many channels of internal communications, including many Teams and Yammer groups. I've posted a ton there, but obviously not as much here.
COVID showed up not too long after I paused the blog posts here...I put focus on a bunch of other things:
- I trained for and ran a marathon
- I produced a new podcast called Mostly Productive, focusing on how productivity isn't the goal
- I got active on GitHub, contributing to a variety of public and private repositories there
- I learned a bunch of new tech skills (More on this in future posts). A few notables are that I learned several programming languages, ALM and CI/CD, deep Power Platform development, healthcare data (HL7 & FHIR), Heroku development, bot building (through multiple platforms), and a bunch of certifications
- I Game Mastered a fantasy game in the Terrinoth setting using the Genesys system
I'm toying with the idea of re-engaging here. Probably not a huge amount over the summer, as I like to focus that time on doing outdoor activities...but I do want to get the communication channel open. I'll talk about it more in a future post.