I’ve seen an uptick in the number of Internet Explorer 7&8 Add-on related support issues for Dynamics CRM. Not sure what’s causing the spike, but I’m getting the word out so you can take some preventative measures. 🙂 Issues can surface in many ways, including:
- Record windows not opening at all
- Record windows opening but only partially loading
- Wonky behavior when trying to change text in fields
- Goofy pop-ups and error messages when saving a record
- Unexpected impacts on the user experience (script oddities)
- General slow responsiveness of the application
If your web browser looks like this….
…you will want to start removing (or at least disabling) these.
Microsoft has a detailed FAQ that covers details on how to deal with these, and how they may have gotten there in the first place.